RE: Got the info on hitches, looks like I'll make one -

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Got the info on hitches, looks like I'll make one -
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:53:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Wow - for that money, I could probably have one made and still have some
> left over -

That's my suggestion.  Scrounge a 1" box receiver, tongue and ball from any
other vehicle (I see a lot of these on mini-vans), then take it to a local
welding shop and have them fab what you want.  My preference would be to
clamp to the frame, but if you bolt to it, be sure to put pads on both sides
to spread the load.  By using the 1" receiver, you can tuck it back under
the rear apron, out of sight, and remove the tongue when not towing a
trailer.  No one but a concours judge will ever notice it.

Randall