Remove rear fenders of TR6

To: Jochen Saal <Jochen.Saal@t-online.de>
Subject: Remove rear fenders of TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:19:32 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Jochen Saal
>does anyone has some suggestions on how to remove the TR6 fenders? They
should only screwed to the body, aren't they?
<

Indeed they are.  There are numerous screws that attach the fenders (wings)
to the coachwork along the top and the ends (either front of back).  These
are sheet metal screws that attach to some U-clips on the coachwork and
these usually come out fairly easily although some of them are difficult to
access.

There is a screw along the bottom of the rear fender just before the rear
wheel and there are several screws along the bottom of the front fender
just aft of the front wheel.  These, too, are sheet metal screws.

There are three of four machine screws in the door openings that attach to
some weld nuts on the fenders and I have had difficulty getting these out
without breakage.

I do not have a count on how many screws there are but there are plenty.
It will keep you busy for a while.  And even after you remove all the
screws you may find that the fenders don't want to budge.  They may be held
in place by rust/undercoat/paint in the seams so you may have to forcibly
remove them.

Good luck

Dave

P.S. Of course it is so obvious that I won't even mention that the bumpers
must be removed first.  <G>