Piston rings

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Piston rings
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:34:14 -0400
Paul,
If it were me I would first take out the pistons and take a look, then if
you think you only need rings, look at www.deves.com and find the phone
number. Ask for Maria to be impressed with customer service and buy their
piston rings to be impressed with a quality product.
Buy a whole set. You probably have to anyway, but if you can buy a set for
one cylinder it's false economy. If you replace them each time one piston
needs them, you get to tear down your engine four times as often. Four
times the number of head gaskets to buy too..
Regards,
Jim Wallace

... I assume I need rings and or a piston to replace #3
QUESTION...
What are the odds it's just rings and I can get away with
only replacing the rings in #3? The cyl walls look OK.
nice and shiny with no scoring visible.
They appear to still be the orig pistons (no overbore
only 37K orig miles on the odometer)
Do I chance it and just replace the rings? ....