Re: hello and a few questions x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hello and a few questions x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:28:53 +0100
Hi Dan
Welcome to the list, I can't answer most of your questions, but to get the
wheel nut undone you could try removing the other three, then pulling
outwards on the side opposite the spinning stud, this will sometimes place
sufficient load on the stud to allow the nut to undo, I have not had to use
this technique on a wheel but have had good success on many other places
where it can be applied. If this technique does not work take a look at the
nut, the bit with the taper seat on is not threaded all the way to the end,
if the plain section is long enough it may be possible using a Dremmel
grinder to remove enough of the nut for the wheel to be released.
Hope this helps.
Graham.