TR6-Pertronix Ignitor instal. problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6-Pertronix Ignitor instal. problem
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:02:25 EST
In the course of chasing an illusive rough running problem on my 73 TR6, i
have
installed a new Pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition. The car immediately
runs
better - maybe as a result of fixing a questionable connection at the coil
found
in the course of this installation - maybe not.
Anyway, here's the new problem:  loud clicking sound from distributor cap,
feels
like rotor is hitting cap while engine is running.  I put white out on the
rotor - this
reveals the rotor is hitting one contact point in the dist. cap. - impact on
2 points
on another cap i tried. BTW the white out on rotor idea came from Pertronix
tech
support - their only useful contribution.
So here's the questions: anybody else experience this when putting an Ignitor
                                    on a TR6 ?
thoughts or  experiences on cause and remedy ?
Stop me before I file matrerial off the bottom of the rotor to make it sit
lower

Cheers

Jack Mc
73 TR6
2 69 GT6+s
70 GT6+
"A gentleman does not motor about after dark" Joseph Lucas