RE: Where's www.minimania.com ? no LBC content (unless your afraid of ja

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Where's www.minimania.com ? no LBC content (unless your afraid of jave web sites)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:19:21 -0800
> If you run across a web page with a Javascript capable
> of infecting your machine with a virus, it means you
> already have a Trojan Horse program running on
> your machine!

But I do have a Trojan Horse program running on my PC !
It's called Windoze ...

>From MS KB article Q244283
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q244283

When a Java program is constructed by hand ..., it may be possible for the
program to exploit a security vulnerability ... If the program is hosted on
a Web site, it may be possible to run a program or perform certain tasks on
the computer of a visiting user that the user does not authorize. This may
include creating, deleting, or modifying files, sending data to or receiving
data from a Web site, or reformatting the hard disk.

Microsoft Windows 95
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation version 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT Server version 4.0
Microsoft Windows NT Server, Enterprise Edition version 4.0

Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products that
are listed at the beginning of this article.
<<<

I see no point in exposing my computer to that sort of thing, nor any reason
that a vendor looking for my business should expect me to do so.

Randall