RE: Sorry, non TR question, Yahoo question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Sorry, non TR question, Yahoo question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:49:32 -0800
Barry :

That's how Yahoo! can offer their services 'free', by selling that
advertising space (in those popups).  Turning off Javascript will usually
(not always) block them, but then many other things don't work.

My suggestion is quit using Yahoo!.  There is some other software around
(add-ons to NS or IE) that tries to block them, but I hear it doesn't work
very well.  If you switch to IE 5.5 with SP2, you can block Javascript only
for certain sites ...

Randall