Re: 71 TR6 vacuum advance

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Yost, Rod" <Rod.Yost@Advest.com>, "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Subject: Re: 71 TR6 vacuum advance
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:40:58 -0700
Nelson,

I think you've got it right.  Plug the pipe on the carb and the vacuum
advance can sit there without a hose..but I capped it too just to keep stuff
from getting inside it.

And I assume you meant to say the advance unit stays on the
distributor...(not the carb)....no hose connected.

As an aside, I looked at the Lucas distributor numbers on the page you
mentioned but couldn't match the same numbers with any of the distributors I
have...but somehow I've learned to not expect TR numbers and info. to always
jive so I guess I won't concern myself with it.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)