Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:43:56 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ahh, the key word-free.
Here in RI, the test costs $25 every time you're hooked up. And, your
VIN # is entered into a central computer. That way, if you flunk, they
can force you (or anyone that you sell the car to) to spend up to $500
trying to fix the problem. After your pockets are picked, and you still
flunk the emissions test, then you're granted a waiver allowing you to
drive the car.
So what's the point of this- reduce emissions or pump more cash into the
state certified emissions system?
You make the call.

Paul