Re: Falcon Exhaust, TR6

Subject: Re: Falcon Exhaust, TR6
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:48:08 -0700
Cc: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Pete wrote:

when looking at the rear of the car, it's obvious that the muffler
> itself is not hanging level.  The right end of the muffler is much
> higher than the left end.  This is purely a cosmetic issue, but I'm
> wondering if others have been able to mount the muffler so that it is
> reasonably level when viewed from the rear of the car

I had my car over to Tom Di Iulio's house on Saturday trying out his new
four post car lift (it works pretty slick BTW) and when we were giving our
cars rides up and down in his garage we noticed that his muffler has a
similar problem as yours.  Comparing the two cars we discovered that the
drivers side (left) of his muffler hangs lower than mine (which has a level
muffler).  On his car I could get three fingers between the top of the
muffler and the frame (the very most rear part) and barely one finger on
mine.  Looks like he can shorten the hanger strap (e.g. just put another
hole in it) on the drivers side near the muffler and it'd be level.  Maybe
that'll work for you too.  Please excuse the excess technical nature of my
measurements <g>...I put the caliper on my finger and it's converts to about
a 5/8 inch gap between the muffler and the frame.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)