TR-3 Bypass

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3 Bypass
From: PMSchuess@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:31:49 EST
List, I have the by-pass blocked at the housing with a bronze pipe plug.  But
the folks I speak with have always talked of drilling a small hole in whatever
you use to obstruct the flow to prevent excessive heat in the head. The car
runs extremely cool and I have no problems with the head or gasket.  I do not
have a sleeved thermostat which would make the obstruction redundant.  Any
sources for sleeved thermostats?, I have a NOS 180 but I do not want to use it
since I cannot find a replacement on the road. Thanks, Paul M Schuessler
PMSchuess@aol.com