I'm Stuck

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm Stuck
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 17:57:44 -0700
Removing a wood dash from a TR4 for refinishing...

1.  Removed all the hardware, wires & cables from the back of the gauges
but those suckers are not loose.  Can only imagine that after 40+ years
the gaskets and varnish have formed a lasting bond.  Any ideas?  I am
reluctant to use anything liquid to penetrate the joint as I want to
refinish the wood and hope to keep it clean, maybe alcohol would soften
the varnish without penetrating the wood.

2.  The bezels around the switches are also frozen in place.  On a TR3
you can make a little tool to catch those grooves in its bezels but the
4's bezels don't offer much to get hold of.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Tucson