TR3A Rear Brake Line Clips

Subject: TR3A Rear Brake Line Clips
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:45:11 -0500
Well, I have come across the first installation where I can
find no notes taken when I dismantled the part. I am just about
done installing all the new brake lines (boy, the rear line
running to the left rear brake was a bear getting that final bend
to clear the leaf spring and line up with the cylinder) and was
getting ready to install the rear brake line clip that holds the
line to the rear axle, when I became stumped.  I have pictures
of the routing of the brake line that shows the position of the
clip, but for the life of me can't figure out how the metal strip
is to be inserted into the "split pin" like object that I assume
holds in it place.  If you wrap the metal around the axle, holding
the pipe against the axle and slip it through the opening on the
pin, you can pull it tight but what holds it in place and why is
there so much excess of the metal strip?

TA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6