Re: new engine = miss long

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new engine = miss long
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:16:37 -0800
Hi Fred, I know the feeling.  After I rebuilt the carbs (thanks to you and
Randal,et, al), I couldn't get rid of the choking feeling between 2,000 and
3,000 RPM under load and after the engine was warm.  After many
re-centerings, float measurements, and swapping of needles, I replaced the
distributor cap, rotor and wires which solved the problem and proved once
again that addage I keep hearing here that 90% of all fuel problems are
electrical.