RE: Harmonic Balancer

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Harmonic Balancer
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:55:10 -0800
Scott, believe it or not, the fan serves as the harmonic dampener!  I don't
know if Standard planned it that way, but that's the way it works out.  The
little rubber bushings are the active element, and the fan provides the
counterweight.  The fan is supposed to be balanced on it's own, but it's
probably a good idea to install it when doing final balance on the crank.

Randall