Re: TR6 EFI

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 EFI
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Roulleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:18:33 +0100
From:                   "Coop" <cooptr6@charter.net>
To:                     <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject:                TR6 EFI
Date sent:              Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:57:53 -0600
Send reply to:          "Coop" <cooptr6@charter.net>

After several years of being away from "the List" I have yearned for the
Triumph experience again. It is good to see alot of the same names I saw back
then. They are true enthusiasts, please forgive me!

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with EFI systems for the TR6 other
than the stock Lucas system? If so please advise me.
-----------
Revingtontr in U.K. is offering complete Common Rail EFI kits for TRs ,4 or 6
cyl.
The kits are based on Webcon Alpha or Lumenition hard/software and can be
ordered with dizzy or crank data pick up.The set comes with all
parts included, as wiring loom/inlet manifold/throttle
bodies/injectors/ piping/ECU etc.... but at a price !!!
I converted my 6 a few years ago to Lumenition EFI dizzy triggert
system, just to keep things simple.The advantage to Lucas is that
as in modern cars the injection system works at a much lower
pressure is very accurate and takes account of air temp.,air
pressure, engine temp., throttle position and crank position and
has a memory to prevent ECU overreacting to sudden changes. I
was able to fit it myself,the biggest problem I encountered was the
correct setup.It has to be adapted to the cars engine and there is
no factory software available for TRs.The Lumenition software has
some basic setups and from that the engine is calibrated on a
rolling road to best performance.My car spent more than 4 hours
on the rolling road and this again does not come cheap.
I have seen some other conversions where  parts of the Lucas
system have been retained,but according to the owners they were
about the same price.Here too the programming of software was
always the key factor to high prices.
If you wish to see how the system looks like,my car can bee seen
on www.carpictures.com. Look for a 1970 jasmine TR6PI
I must say the cars runs great and no problems with any fuel
quality.
Jean