TR6 Piper Camshaft

To: robc@cisco.com
Subject: TR6 Piper Camshaft
From: jim wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:20:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rob,
You will not be happy with this camshaft, as it will play mental tricks on you.
You will find yourself wanting a header, K&N filters, oversized valves, re-
worked combustion chambers, and at least a change of needles in your carbs
before you'll even begin to like it. (How about a triple Weber setup?). And
this is only the beginning - with all the extra ooomph in your engine, you will
want to upgrade your brakes -hey, have you checked out those green pads for the
front? But what would really be nice is a 4-pot conversion...
You know, since it's all apart, now's the time to lighten the flywheel...
I told you this would happen! hahahahahaha!!!
Jim
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>

Hi everyone,

I think I've decided to go with the Piper BP270 fast road camshaft
offered by BPNW for my engine rebuild.  But, I'd like to hear opinions
from the list first.

So, anyone using this cam?  Anyone hate it, couldn't get their car to
run properly with it?  Are there issues to worry about with the
assymetric intake/exhaust timing of this cam?  Is it a b!tch to time
this cam?

Rob in Ottawa