RE: paint (powder caoting)

To: "vafred@erols.com" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: RE: paint (powder caoting)
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:28:34 -0500
Cc: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[DF118010:01C1AFFC] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g17HSWu14218
Barry, not even powder-coat ?? <g>  "FT"
That I might consider :-)
After powder coating my oil pan and engine mounts, I'm sold!

I was considering powder coating some outboard props put was concerned about
the rubber hub baked at 400 deg  This are crucial to the operation of this
type of prop and if the temp would significantly change the characteristics of
the material it would render them useless.  Taking them apart and pressing them
back together is out of the question as it takes specialized equipment.  Anyone
ever done a suspension piece with the bushings in place?