Jaguar - might be of interest to Brit car lovers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jaguar - might be of interest to Brit car lovers
From: "mike" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:45:03 -0500
Hi Listers - I know this isn't Triumph related but...

 I entered one of my American cars in a local show today. I didn't win
anything but Best of Show went to a 1955 Jaguar XK140. This car was amazing!
The older guy who owned it bought it from the1st owner in 1967 for $2000.
Today it's valued at $140,000. Apparently the original owner was a race car
driver. He didn't use it for racing but he did some really cool
modifications including a Supercharger and vacuum power assisted brakes. The
guy that owns it now added a theft alarm in 1967. This car was sweet as they
come! Gave me goosebumps to look at it... and when he started it up...
suffice it to say it was amazing.

No Triumphs in the show unfortunately but there was an MGB with a Rover V8
and an aluminum MGC hood. Also pretty cool and fast judging by the way he
smoked the tires out of the parking lot! I know you purists will hate it but
it made me think about the "TR6 with Caddy 500cid" project I've been
dreaming about... Don't worry - I wouldn't do it to a perfectly good TR6 -
Maybe a custom frame with fiberglass body panels... It would certainly put
the fear of British Sports Cars into the hearts of many a Mustang and Camaro
owner! No one has to know it's got 535 ft lbs of stump pulling, torque under
the hood....

Mike Brooks
www.rustfreeroadsters.com