bonnet leading edge

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: bonnet leading edge
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 23:46:54 EST
  Listers;
     Just finished the teardown of the bonnet assembly on my doner GT6 for my
spit6 project.
 What a mess, the leading edge of  the bonnet is toast. the rest of it is
solid and rust free.
     I have new fenders and misc pieces already. The wheel wells can be
saved, pitted but solid.
So my options are,  Fabricate replacement pieces and mig them into the hood
or find a leading edge from a donor that can be welded on in one piece. I'm
taking an auto body course and have access to a complete body shop.
     Anyone out there got any other suggestions/ comments?
check out pics of the damage at  http://members.aol.com/khoco/GT6
     if anyone has a junk hood out there with a solid leading edge we could
talk.

                               TIA

                                      Ken

Ken Copeland