Feeling good about the Triumph list (used to be speech control) ( long n

To: "'James V Laviana III'" <jimmad@juno.com>
Subject: Feeling good about the Triumph list (used to be speech control) ( long not very LBC)
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:18:10 -0500
Nowadays if the Stones were writing Mother's Little Helper the line would
read:

What a drag it is being a clone...

I am perhaps a trifle more concerned with good manners than most, but
sometimes enough is enough. It takes human judgment to differentiate between
humorous earthy discourse and profanity. Depending on electronics to do the
job is like hoping to pass a gansta' rap cut through a filter and get back
Bing Crosby. Frankly, if somebody is unjustly foul -mouthed to me in a
e-mail, I simply send them packing and block them completely from my mail
server. Don't need them or their opinions. The Triumph list is marvellous in
having people from all walks of life who seem to be able to discuss their
hobby without much of the rancour that one sees everywhere.

Recently I logged onto a stereo review site and checked out their e-mail
forum. I am not talking about Sony Walkmans here. I was looking for some
simple home theatre information, but these people were discussing $25K+
speaker systems. Some of it was pretty odd looking and excited comment.
People writing in a fairly tame comment about the look of some outlandish
setup were getting comments back that were truly disgusting. I have never
seen such foul mouthings written down and sent as a personal opinion. I
won't repeat it here. I don't even want to speculate about the people. I am
sure most on the forum were just fine. A few were such polluted brats that
it absolutely ruined the list. I asked a newbie question and got back an
answer that basically called my intelligence, my ancestry and my toilet
habits into question and demonstrated the complete incompetence of the
writer; all in one misspelled sentence. Who needs that? The list manager
really needs to delete the access of these idiots. Getting an email full of
#### marks isn't really the solution.

So here's to the Triumph list! You guys are great.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6