V12 and such -

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: V12 and such -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:30:05 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The RR story reminded me of an article in one of the car magazines in the
70's I think of I believe a surplus Griffin engine (form a hydroplane)
stuffed into a Jag E-type.  (something about more money than brains)  The
darn thing was sooo long in the hood it had to have small video cameras at
the front corners to allow the driver to "see" around corners (like between
buildings)  Bet it flew.  Nothing like a 60 deg V6 with 2,239 cubic inches
(36.7 Liters) and  roughly 2000hp at 2000 RPM?  And you wonder why I
stuffed a 60 deg V6 in MY Spitfire - heck I was just going back to its
heritage :-)