Re: Tr3a heater doors - stupid question (hoses)

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tr3a heater doors - stupid question (hoses)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:49:56 EST
I see you've already received some replies. However here's my $0.02. A little
late, but hey, can't keep up all the time.

1. >> Which way do the heater doors open to the sides or front to back?  From
inside the car where is the vent outlet orientated?  Passenger side? Driver
side?<<  From the sides, so that driver and/or passenger may open or close.

2. >> The top hoses are bent over and I cannot see how they can "unbent". <<
The hoses running out the top of the heater have very little room and need to
make the sharp bend (as you know). Without these being of the "pre-formed"
hose variety (from MOSS or TRF, etc.), even with Cu elbows as suggested by
Randall, it could be too tight to fit. Also, by using the Cu elbows you would
have additional connections which multiply the number of potential leaks. I
would suggest that you use the "pre-formed" hoses that are made to fit.

Best Regards,
Ed ('58 TR3A)