Brakes locking up

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Brakes locking up
From: "Roger Colson" <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:30:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Jack,

I had a similar problem with my TR3.  All new brake parts except
for the caliper bodies and the restrictor valve.

The best of several correct responses from the list was from
Shayne Peterson which I have copied here with my original post.

The problem was that the master cylinder push rod was adjusted
with negative play.  This would keep the pressure in the brake line
and lock up the brakes.

My recommendation would be to check the pushrod.

By the way the most important part of the car is correctly operating
brakes.