RE: TR3A heater/rheostat wiring

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A heater/rheostat wiring
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:49:39 -0800
If someone does know the 'correct' answer to this, please post to the list.
I was trying to find the same information for Dan Masters, but came up
empty-handed.  The workshop manual says to connect it to the wiper switch,
but of course that only works on early cars without the self-parking wipers.

ISTR it was connected to the starter button on my current car, but I don't
know if that was original or not.  My car had no fuse in the line to the
heater motor, and the starter button (unlike the wiper switch) has an
unfused feed.

One could certainly add an in-line fuse, 10 amps should be fine.

Randall Young
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO
63 Sports 6 rustoration project HB7826LCV
et al