A Very Special Announcement - No LBC! teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g1K1DaN01

Subject: A Very Special Announcement - No LBC! teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g1K1DaN01046
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:13:28 -0800
Many of you were aware of the personal ordeal suffered by my wife and
I a little more than one year ago, when our first child, Conner, was
brought into the world (November 20, 2000) only to be taken from us
again 18 days later (December 8, 2000) when he finally succumbed to
the numerous health problems he faced as a result of a chromosomal
disorder known as Trisomy 13, or 'Patau's Syndrome.'  I'd like to
thank you all once again for all of your support and for the numerous
personal messages you all sent to offer encouragement, etc during
that time.

Since then, Aprille and I have both been doing very well, and now I
have some exciting news for you all

Aprille is pregnant once again!  Fortunately, Conner's condition had
no basis in heredity (according to the tests) and so we were told
that there's no reason to expect anything similar the next time.  So,
we're very optimistic, very excited, very confident, and of course,
just a little bit nervous!!  This next child should arrive the last
week of September.  Interesting timing, because it was the last week
of September, 2000 when we first learned of Conner's chromosomal
problems (roughly 8 weeks prior to his birth) via ultrasound tests
and an amnio, at which point our lives were changed forever.  So in
late September this year we will be celebrating the new arrival
instead of reflecting on the awful news we received 2 years prior.
What a great way to move on!

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6