Alternative to McMaster-Carr

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative to McMaster-Carr
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:17:50 EST
Just found out about this company.  It's called Fastenal.  They sound very
much like McMaster-Carr (where I got most of my stainless fasteners for the
TR3A restoration).
They have a web site:
 <A HREF="http://www.fastenal.com/";>Fastenal industrial supplies and
fasteners</A>
(or if that doesn't make it thru the server):
http://www.fastenal.com/
The neat thing about them is they have local outlets throughout the country.
Our local guys make two claims: 1. They will supply parts cheaper than those
listed on the web if you call them directly with part numbers and order from
them rather than on-line.  No shipping costs., and 2. They are cheaper than
McMaster-Carr (this one you'll have to checkout for yourselves).
I wish I knew about these guys when I was in the middle of the restoration.
Would have saved much expensive scrounging at the local hardware store.
NFI, but thought the list could benefit,
Bill Babbitt
TR3A like a Phoenix emerges from the bag
Gales Ferry, Ct