SE VTR 2002

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SE VTR 2002
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:45:28 -0500
Hi Listers,

I'd like to make the announcement that the Georgia Triumph association
will be hosting the SE VTR regional 2002.
The convention will be held on Jekyll Island on OCT 24-26, 2002. Some of
the highlight of the event will include an autocross which will be held
at the Island airport; this event will be managed and designed by Mr. JK
Jackson.  The driving tours and rallies are being developed courtesy of
the Triumph club of North Florida thanks DON Marshall and Norm Riemer.
As we "Celebrate 50 Years of Triumph TR sports cars" we are pleased to
announce that we will have on hand Charles Runyan's TRS Le'Mans car and
along with it the Durand Cup (Le'Man Trophy) once owned by Ken
Richardson. In addition to the usual events we have several tech
sessions and seminars scheduled through out the convention, some of
which include the following topics;

The benefits of Powder coating; conducted by Fred Thomas,
Laycock Overdrive theory and rebuilding techniques; Conducted by Brian
Schorff, Owner of Power British Inc.
Carpet and interior installation; conducted by Diane Terlion of the
Magic Carpet Factory.

Highlighting the event will be the Concurs and Participants choice car
show which will be back dropped by the beautiful ocean view.
Make plans to come and participate in the Celebration of 50 years of
Triumph Sports Cars.

Today we have launched our website www.sevtr2002.org
<http://www.sevtr2002.org/>  with additional information and online
registration. You may also make your reservation and Banquet menu
selections using Paypal payment services. Please bookmark this site for
we will be adding additional information as they become available.

Note: We have secured special room rates at our Guest hotel the Comfort
Inn Island Suites. Unfortunately these rates did not link to the lodging
page however this will be corrected very soon.   The rates are:

Island Guest room                      $75.00
Ocean Mini Efficiency                 $85.00
Ocean Full Efficiency                 $95.00
Lanai Rooms (private Hot Tubs)   $119.00

Thanks and hope to see you there
Ronnie Babbitt
Event Chairman