RE: No LBC - want a Ferrari?

To: "'Mark Gendron'" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No LBC - want a Ferrari?
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:37:50 -0500
I assume that all the patents for internal components etc. have expired.
However the copyright on looks one would have thought would have kept the
cars looking a little more different than they do.

According to the US government's copyright faq at
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/faq.html, the Sonny Bono
Copyright Term Extension Act provides that for "works
made for hire, the term will be 95 years from the year
of first publication or 120 years from the year of creation,
whichever expires first."

So I guess that begs the question or "what is it that makes a Ferrari look
like a Ferrari that can't be copied"? Clearly from numerous ripoffs it can't
be a lot more than the prancing horse logo.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6