RE: TR6 Steering wheel nut

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Steering wheel nut
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:12:46 -0800
I just called
Airgas Rutland Tool
800-289-4787
http://www.rutlandtool.com/

They have a 9/16-28 round (1-1/2") adjustable die, model 2108 0297, in stock
at $17.70.

However, I looked at the steering wheel nut from my Sports 6 under a
magnifying lens for Andy Mace, and I don't believe it is exactly 28 tpi.  My
28tpi thread gage just doesn't quite fit.  But, it's hard to tell for sure,
and I didn't take the next step of pulling the steering wheel to check the
male threads, so I could be mistaken.

Now what we need is for someone with a bunged-up shaft to buy the die and
try it ...

Randall Young
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO
63 Sports 6 rustoration project HB7826LCV
et al