Re: Beige fuzzy door seals-TR6-One more time

To: Jay & Sue Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Beige fuzzy door seals-TR6-One more time
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:46:45 -0500
     Jay and Dennis,
    I just so happened to bring up this very subject, and even used the
beige color as an example, when I dropped a pair of seats off at Carl's
shop last Saturday. His response was that for someone to invest in the
tooling and equiptment needed to produce something like the fuzzy door
seals, they would have to sell a uge amount of them to turn a profit. He
hasn't got the equipment for such a project. Why the "Big 3" can't get
their suppliers to make a round of beige ones is beyond me. You'd think
they'd have some type of buying power to make it worth the suppliers
time. I was extremely fortunate to have a lister sell me a set of NOS
ones he had during my restoration last year. For the sake of not blowing
up his computer with an extreme excess of e-mails, I shall refrain from
mentioning his name here. Actually, it was his only set anyways.
     Perhaps a careful review of the "Monster List" will turn up someone
hiding under a stone.
http://bosphorus.dimebank.com/monster/
   Take care & good luck,
Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club

                   From: jay_welch@juno.com

Dennis,

Check with Carl Renaud.  I've plugged his info into this email.  He is a

Moss distributor but does a lot of custom upholstery, carpet, interiors
etc.