TR-6 Tires (Question)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Tires (Question)
From: Mike Pisani <mpisani099@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 11:32:25 -0800 (PST)
All,
Forgive me.  I'm sure that this topic must have been
covered at some length in the past, but since I'm
somewhat new to the list, I'll ask anyway.

I'm ready to give up the red-lines on my TR-6 for a
tire that will handle.  I have done a little homework
and found that there seems to be a bit of a preference
for Michelin XGT4s in 215/70-15.  British Wire Wheel
sells them for about $90-$100 a piece, which is far
cheaper than a new set of red lines.

So here's the question:  Is there any reason that I
should stick with the XGT4s for a TR-6, or can I put
any 215/70 tire on the car?  Is it just a question of
looks (authenticity)?  Since I can get all season,
performance Bridgestones or Goodyears for a good bit
less than the XGT4s, why would I want these Michelins?

Thanks for any input you may have.

Mike, '69 TR6
http://sports.yahoo.com