Progress Report

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Progress Report
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:14:17 -0500
For those who are interested, I am nearing completion(soon...) of my Herald
1200...

At the moment, I have the engine about 1/2 together, after reboring the
cylinders, and a total engine overhaul.  I will have my rebuilt head shortly-
have to scrape the money together for the rebuilders so I may bring it home.
The rear engine seal has been converted from a scroll type to a rubber seal.
New timing gears, chain, tensioner, oil pump shaft bushing, valves, guides,
springs, main and rod bearings, pistons- the works.

The body is waiting for final work and paint, and the interior is waiting to
be installed.

 All mechanical parts, save for the transmission teardown and inspection, are
awaiting reassembly.

I hope to have her painted and on the street by the end of March, almost a
year behind schedule... But happily, none the less.

Scott