RE: carbs spilling gas

To: asalvato@tampabay.rr.com ("Alan"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: carbs spilling gas
From: MkatNt@netscape.net (Marshall)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:03:00 -0500
"Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I have one carb that is spilling gas out one of the holes that face the air
>cleaner. Before I pull the carb apart I thought i'd check with the list as to
>what might be the cause.  I am thinking I might  have a float stuck.

I had the same problem with my '59 TR3.
There was a great deal of crud in the tank. But in addition to putting a new
tank in I got special jets with little ball bearing "thingies" that helped
before I changed the tank. I forget what these jets were called but I'm sure
that someone on the list can tell you.I also placed a fuel filter before the
carbs.
--
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~mkatzman/