Re: Monza aounds

Subject: Re: Monza aounds
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:37:44 -0800
>I know this went through the lists before...
>but what is the general consensus on the sound...
>resonance....volume...quality of the Monza/Pacesetter
>twin rear muffler 4 tipped exhaust system.
>A little extra volume is tolerable but I don't want
>a buzzy system. I just want a nice free flow that
>sounds 'rumblywonderful.'

The Monza systems have one thing going for them, as far as I'm
concerned.  They look bitchin'!  Trouble is, to keep them looking
that way you'd never be able to drive the car.  If you do drive it,
the bright yellow stickers burn off, the chrome tips discolor, the
black turns to grey and before you know it there are big holes rusted
through the muffler cans.  It's about that time you realize your car
now sounds like a 'rumblypieceofcrap.'

I don't recall my Monza system being terribly loud, until the holes
developed in the mufflers.

But now I've got the OEM-style Falcon stainless and it sounds GREAT.
Maybe the exhaust doesn't have that Italian exotic look about it, but
I'm telling you it sounds absolutely perfect, and it'll last a long
time.

Bottom line in my opinion?  Don't waste your money on a Monza.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6