boiling warter and brake fluif

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: boiling warter and brake fluif
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:42:58 -0500
First, the mathematician missed a step.  He proved that one could boil a pot
of water, period.  To use induction, he must also prove that a second pot
could be boiled after the first, or more precisely, that pot N+1 could be
boiled after pot N.  In a nuthsell, induction proves that he could boil
three pots, not two!  Then by generalization, one could boil two by starting
with three and stopping early.  But the crucial induction step is still
missing from the proof...

Now about brake fluif, I am about to install the clutch hydraulics (which
technically doesn't use hydro-anything, but rather, tetra-ethyl-brake-fluif
or some other unpronounceable material sold by Castrol in a blue can) in my
'70 GT6.  It has been said that conventional pump/open-valve/close-
valve/release bleeding will not work because the air bubbles in the line
will simply rise upward during the release cycle.  Thus they will never be
expelled.  (Since there is no assymptotic behavior, they will not even be
expelled after infinite pump cycles.)  In any case, I can't afford an
infinite amount of brake fluif.

Any recommendations?  Comments?
Tanks.--
Jim Muller