Beating a dead horse...another engineer joke

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Beating a dead horse...another engineer joke
From: "Bruce and/or Kathy Hedin" <bkhedin@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 02:54:58 -0500
Sorry for the delay...I'm just now catching up on some digests.
No doubt some have heard this one before...

Back in the days when the guillotine was the preferred method of capital
punishment, there was a group of three men sentenced to be executed in the
town square, one of whom was, of course, an engineer.  The day arrived and
they were all led in shackles to the platform.  The first man was placed
into position and after the reading of his sentence to the gathered crowd,
he was asked if he had any last words.  Being in a state of shock from what
was about to happen, the man did not respond, but just stared blankly into
the sky.  With that, the executioner was given the nod, the lever was pulled
and the blade began its descent.  However, just before it reached the man's
neck, it inexplicably came to a halt.  Now as was the custom in those days,
should there ever be a malfunction with the equipment, it was considered to
be divine intervention, and the condemned man was granted a complete pardon.
And so, the first man was released, and after the mechanism was inspected
and adjusted, the second man was placed into position.  The offer for any
last words was made.  "Tell my wife I love her" was the reply, and again,
the blade was released.  Miraculously, once again, the blade came to a stop
mere inches from the man's throat.  Tears of joy streamed down his face as
he was released into his wife's arms.  This time the mechanism was gone over
with a fine tooth comb, but in the end, the executioner shrugged his
shoulders, indicating that he could find nothing wrong.  Finally, the
engineer was placed into position.  "Have you any last words?"  asked the
executioner.  The engineer thought for a while as he stared up at the blade
above him and said, "Hmm....I think I see the problem..."

B. Hedin (yes...I'll admit it...an engineer)
71' GT6 MKIII