Re: Possible fraud / FW: URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL

To: <nriedel@nextek.net>
Subject: Re: Possible fraud / FW: URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:20:27 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
.Nelson Riedel wrote:
Being old, I tend to not jump to conclusions so quickly as to spelling
and
pronunciation.  Maybe they had English teachers from the UK -- the
Brits
spell many words funny (i.e. defence).  As to pronunciation, have you
heard
the English pronounce Aluminum?

<Big smile at the outset> But as we 'invented' the language and
happily allowed much of what is now the Western World to use it, isn't
it our prerogative to play with it to suit ourselves. If my history
serves me correctly, ISTR the people who leapt off the Mayflower (not
the side-valved version of the 1950's) endowed a certain continent
with English as it was spoke at the time - and look what happened to
it within that continent from thereon in! <G>

Jonmac