RE: TR6 Rack Boot Replacement

Subject: RE: TR6 Rack Boot Replacement
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:53:03 -0800
Hugh :

The tip is talking about unscrewing the adjustment all the way, until the
tie rod falls out of the tie rod end, leaving the end still attached to the
steering arm.  In theory, the spray paint they talk about gives an accurate
reference when you reassemble, but IMO you should still check the toe-in
afterwards.  If a TR6 uses any kind of clamp between the boot and tie rod,
be sure to leave it loose as you screw the rod back into the end.

Randall