size

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: size
From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 08:06:28 -0600
While attempting to reassemble the rear suspension on my 1973 TR6
yesterday I had difficulty in getting the left swingarm to mount.  After
taking some quick measurements with a steel tape measure, I found the
the holes in the crossmember were 13.5 inches on center but the holes
for the mounting brackets were 13.0 inches on center.  On the right side
both crossmember and bracket holes were 13.5 inches.

I'm guessing that somewhere in this TR6's history that a swingarm from
another model Triumph was installed for some reason beyond my creative
thinking.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Ernie Husmann