Re: EBay Failure

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: EBay Failure
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 03:29:38 -0000
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the mail concerning eBay searches from the US.

I subscribe to  'favourite' search for TR4A. I receive a search report every
day on items listed with TR4A in the title or text. Never have any of my
items listed in UK ever shown up!

Recently I tried an experiment and listed my bits and pieces on eBay.com (US
Based) not only were my parts listed in all the searches but my listing fees
were a third cheaper! This has come about because listing fees are the same
in Dollars or Pounds. Therefore as the Dollar is approx 2/3 the value of the
Pound I save a third.

Randall reports that my items are now listed in the search he did. However
if you are looking in eBay Motors, and I would think that most would be in
that section of eBay if they are looking for car parts, UK listings do not
seem to show.

On the whole eBay has been a very good source of parts for my restoration
and a good site to sell the parts I have left over when I have bought  job
lots to acquire a certain part. If only the search engine side was prefected
I would be much happier.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT 64306 O