Another one lives!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another one lives!
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:40:41 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I am now the proud (?) owner of a 1964 Herald 1200 convertible.
Lord knows I don't need another Triumph, but the owner made me
an offer I couldn't refuse (or vice versa).  It needs just about
everything, but it's all there, the body is straight, and there
is only a bit of rust in the front wings.  The interior is
recognizable (no squirrels living in it) and there are bits of
red paint clinging to the body.  The PO says it will run with
a bit of coaxing.  The wood dash is even intact enough to
restore.

Is anybody out there parting out one of these?
I need the right side vent window, a headlight rim, and possibly
an air cleaner (single downdraft carb) if the other one doesn't
turn up somewhere.  I will probably need other stuff once I
get into it.  And does anybody know if a GT6 MkI windshield will
fit the Herald?  They look to be about the same size.
Thanks in advance.