Alternate universe

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternate universe
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 02 05:46:07 -0800
>It will be my luck, that after I get on I'll find mine in a box that has
>Nothing to do with TRIUMPH parts.

That happened to me fairly frequently when I was putting parts back on my
TR3.  I would search high low and everywhere in between for a part that I
had carefully packaged and put away 6 or 7 years earlier in the rebuild
project... search everywhere 2 or 3 times to no avail.  I would finally
give up and order a replacement part and soon after the new part arrives
I find the old part.  Sometimes in plain sight or where it is supposed to
be.

I'm a believer in the innate cussedness of inanimate objects and I'm sure
these parts just popped into an alternate universe when I needed them
then popped back out again when I did not just out of pure ornery
cussedness.

I've also noticed that while working on cars tools and removed fixings
often pop in and out of that alternate universe, occasionally popping
back in into a different location.

I sometimes wonder what wonderful things could be found if one could gain
access to and search that alternate universe.  I must have at least a ton
of nuts, bolts and washers still in there.  Amelia?  are you there?

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937