TR6 green hoses

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 green hoses
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:46:35 -0000
Ryan - I installed green hoses about 18 months ago ... they are now nearly
black. I recently took this up with the supplier who informed me that they
have had other reports of this problem. They have offered a refund - if I
remove and return them! They also said that they are seeking a new source,
but the new versions will not have the same 'weave' surface as the
originals.
Interestingly, my hoses are still green underneath the jubilee clips ... as
were the hoses that I replaced 18 months ago .... I wondered why at the
time. Now I know!
Cheers,
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6 PI

I recently installed TRF's repro green hoses, and after a few hundred
miles, the large-diameter hoses have gotten discolored, from green to a
greenish brown. is this normal?
Ryan