Burlen, Midel or Rebuild H6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Burlen, Midel or Rebuild H6
From: "Justin Bissing" <jbiss@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:45:30 -0700
Time for rebuild of the h6 carbs on my 1960 TR3...wondering if anyone out
there
has opted for replacement of their carbs from Burlen or Midel vs. a rebuild
and
what your experience has been. What disadvantages exist (other than $$$ and
originality) by replacement vs. rebuild. Money is a major concern but I'm
wondering to what extent these tired old carbs can be rebuilt and, if new
bushings and the like are needed what, ultimately, will the rebuild costs
really be?

Justin Bissing
jbiss@netzero.net