Re: Starter TR3

To: <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter TR3
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:13:00 EST
In a message dated Wed, 13 Mar 2002  1:13:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, "James
Fowler" <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us> writes:

> It seems that my starter is going south on my 1960 TR3.  Who has the best
>deals and starters?  MOSS offers a new, non TR starter.  Any experiences out
>there?

I'm assuming this is the later style starter. If it were mine, I'd first want
to know what it is or is not doing. Once I determined that it wasn't just a
problem with dirt and grime (especially on the drive -- wash it off but don't
lubricate it once clean) -- or poor electrical connections -- I'd take it to a
local automotive electrical service shop and have them look it over. It might
just need thorough cleaning, new brushes, general "overhaul," new drive or
other moderately priced repair. Lucas starters are pretty simple, sturdy and
(don't laugh) reliable.

Nothing against the gear-reduction starters, but chances are that's a lot more
money than you'd spend having yours checked out.

--Andy Mace