Someone special must've be riding with me - (a little long)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Someone special must've be riding with me - (a little long)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:13:25 -0800
After my somewhat usual  15 minute ride home from work on the freeway (I
had noticed that the car felt a bit twitchy, like it was following the
grooves in the road,  and I made a mental note to check the tires) with
moderate traffic,  the 10 minute jaunt through the busy streets of "town",
I get to my driveway and as I have done hundreds of times I put it in
reverse to back into the garage and am greeted by a thunk, slight drop, and
a horribly loud screeching stop as if I had hit something!  Of course I was
looking and nothing was there but I am now sticking halfway out into the
street (thankfully not a busy one).  I immediately jump out to see what the
heck has happened.  As I round the passenger side rear corner I can see the
wheel is cambered right up into the wheel well.  A quick look under the car
and it obvious what happened.  The single bolt holding the lower wishbone
(GT6 rotoflex setup) has either broken or wiggled its way out and is
nowhere to be found.  I had obviously fallen out prior to me entering even
the side streets to my house.  Thankfully it didn't destruct on the freeway
or on the busy sections of the city as I am sure that sever damage or worse
would have happened.  As it were there was absolutely NO damage, and only a
slight bit of undercoat rubbed off of a few items on the frame and wheel
well.
>From what I can tell, when I did the conversion to the rotoflex setup I had
taken the car to have it aligned.  the rear on this, as far as the lower
wishbone and camber is concerned is NOT adjustable.  Appearently, this sis
not sit well with whoever did the alignment an WITHOUT consulting me
decided to rectify the situation.  What he did was to enlarge the bolt hole