RE: insanity test

To: "'Doug Hamilton'" <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insanity test
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:59:55 -0500
The second powered thing I owned (after a Puch moped) was a Kawasaki KH250,
three cylinder 2-stroke. At least 70% of the energy of that thing went into
sound production. I had more hair-raising episodes on that thing than I care
to remember. I put K&Ns in the carbueretors instead of the "cow's udder"
intake filter. They completely screwed up the engine breathing so I had a
terrible flat spot. No hope to get past 65 mph without something to suck you
past the flat spot. I used to sit in the middle of the highway until some
truck passed me by and then I would dodge right behind it and get pulled up
past the flat spot by the wind. Then she took off like a scalded cat.
Sounded like one too.

It wasn't that it was so powerful, (it wasn't) it was that it was such a
rediculous handling machine. Wobbled all over the road and brakes that could
barely stop a can of tuna fish rolling down the stairs never mind a
motorcyle and driver going 80 mph.

They used to make a KH500 and I even heard tell of a KH750, but most of the
owners of those things are quite dead. The frame and suspension just wasn't
made for the motor. Would kill you as soon as look at you.

Mark Hooper