Re: Early Production TR4's

To: David Delano <ddelano_98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Early Production TR4's
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:26:00 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I am looking for early production TR4's (less than
>CT1000) - First thousand.  According to all records I
>have found only about 2,500 of these were destined for
>the US in 1961.
>
>I have CT0675 and am interested in finding others that
>have first year, first 1000 TR4's.  What is the
>earliest TR4 still running out there?
>
>Who has it? How original is it? Does it have the
>original Surrey Top?
>
>If anyone has (or knows of) an early TR4 please
>respond!
>
>Thanks - Dave D., Cincinnati , OH

Thought you might be interested in the report of the TR register
annual meeting last year, the 40th anniversary of the TR4. Taken from
TRAction:

3 1961 cars were at Malvern, including CT17, the second oldest surviving TR4.

Unfortunately there is no mention of the oldest surviving car.

Regards,

--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI