Bearings-Sources and removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bearings-Sources and removal
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:13:16 -0800 (PST)
Hi again,

This time I'm asking about sources for bearings.
I'm having fun and learning a little from tearing down a few old differentials
I have.  Eventually though the idea is to put a couple of good ones back
together.

I'd imagine there is a source for high quality bearings that is going to be
less expensive than purchasing them from the big three suppliers.

If anyone has suggestions,  I'd love to hear them.

Also . . . the diff's I've taken apart so far have been totally trashed.
So I haven't had to be very careful about removing the bearings (relatively
speaking)

I'm concerned thought about when reassembly time comes that I might have to
remove the bearings a couple of times in order to get the right number of shims
for the correct adjustment.

Does anyone have any hints, techniques, good tools for removing bearings with
the least amount of fuss and risk of damage to the bearing or the part?

Thanks again

Scott Tilton
with more quetsions from Leesburg, VA
http://sports.yahoo.com/